Questions to ask your agent
Questions to ask before you commit to a REALTOR®:
- How many years of experience do you have?
- Are you familiar with our selected market areas?
- Are you prepared to devote all the necessary time for us to successfully find a home and purchase a home?
- Who are you working for? The Vendor or the Purchaser?
- What deposit do I need when making an offer?
- Are there any “quirks” particular to the area?
- What conditions should be written in the offer to protect us?
- What will be the resale market for the house considered?
- What is the land transfer tax? How much money does it involve?
- What are the benefits of a Building Inspection?
- What is a “Tarion Warranty”? How does it work? Can this be passed on to a subsequent owner?
- What does the lawyer do for the Buyer during the transaction and who does he work for?
- Are we entitled to receive interest from the deposit given with the offer?
- What is the difference between a down payment and a deposit?
- What is a Buyer’s agreement?