How can we help you in buying New Construction
What can a REALTOR® do to help me buy a new home from a builder? It seems pretty straight forward. They have a sale office and all. We just go in and talk to the sales staff and discuss and make an offer.
The type of advice and expertise we, as REALTORS®, can bring to the table varies with each client and situation. Some of our clients are buying for themselves or for a family member to live in and then rent back to them as an investment. For some clients, it’s a first house, second house or one of many. For others, it’s a new lifestyle as we are seeing with the adult communities.
Dan can provide you with advice and guide you along your new construction buying process, from “when is it smart to buy new construction”, all the way to your final move and and beyond. Some topics may be:
- The whole question of HST on upper price range and investment, buying for a family member.
- How to best finance a new home, rebates, interest rates, Government plans
- When to consult an accountant, a lawyer
- Hidden costs of buying new that builders do not tell you
- Compare the benefits and the disadvantages of buying new vs. existing in a given time and location
- To assist our clients in selecting a proper lot for their needs, resellable upgrades, etc., what is a good resale overall
- Many times these days, there are model homes or there is only a modified version of the home to be built. We help people visualize the finished product which is truly for sale
- Suggest modifications with a view to the retention of the resale value of the property, should that be a preoccupation of our client
- See through the model home with all its upgrades to ensure our clients are not disappointed
- Help our clients to check the reputation of the different builders, their past performance for after sale service, follow-up on repairs, as well as past punctuality in delivering homes in general
- We facilitate the timing of the sale and purchase fo their homes, keeping in mind delays or not from builders as well as suggest and implement strategies to maximize return and minimize worry and double moves
- Ease the whole process and alert client to questions to attend along the way
- Last but not least, provide a perspective on what is normal for Ottawa and what is not when it comes to new construction
*** Important to note – Most builders do cooperate with agents and a simple form between the builder and agent is signed. Dan will ensure your best interests are considered when purchasing new construction; let his experience guide you through the whole process. There are some builders rules so that Dan can assist you: First contact with the builder(s) must be by or with Dan if you would like his assistance. Contact Dan early to discuss your needs/wants.